Monday, October 13, 2008

favorite fall activite

My favorite fall activity is playing football with my friends. The friends I like to play football with are Connor, Troy and Aaron. We like to play at Connor’s house a lot because he has a very big backyard. My favorite part is probably catching a pass, running for a touchdown and diving into the end zone. I enjoy this because it makes me feel ecstatic and joyful. We usually get three extra people to play with us, and we assign three people to each team. Connor’s backyard is probably about seventy yards, so it is very exhausting when you run down our custom field. On a rare occasion, we’ll have specific plays, but most of the time its just go deep and get open. If we do call a more specific play then I would favor the flea flicker. In this play we give the runner the ball, he pitches it back to the quarterback who throws the ball to the receiver. This play will work seven out of ten times. We like to play tackle instead of touch because it’s way more realistic. The only time we won’t play tackle is when one of us is hurt or there is a little kid playing. When the younger kids are around we usually have to play with a softer ball so it is easier for them to catch it. Sometimes when I score, I take a second to catch my breath and take in all of my surroundings. In the fall I like the sound of crashing waves at the shore of the lake and the brilliant colors of the leaves and trees. Some days when it’s raining, we slide in the mud. The scariest part of playing is probably trying to tackle Connor because he is much bigger than me, and he can apply bone-crushing hits. Football is my favorite fall activity because I get to play outside with my friends and enjoy the fall weather.

1 comment:

Slawinski2008 said...

+9 Good job Kyle! Don't get hurt and ruin your BMX career!